Modernizing Construction: Methods developed in the construction industry with proper design and planning to reduce the price and time of construction and maintain overall sustainability. Modernizing construction technology includes the process of preparing and forming the buildings and the building system.
It is the process that involves the building of large structures with the minimal use of time, cost and environment. The process of construction starts with the planning, designing and financing. The process will continue until the structure is ready for occupancy. It also helps in maintaining overall sustainability of the project.
Various types of modernizing construction are as follows:
1. Precast Flat Panel System: This particular method of construction involves the procedure of making wall units off site and floor. For doing this, separate facilities and factory outlets are required. Once the units of the panel are ready as per the requirements and design specifications, they are brought to the site and placed. This method is the most suitable for repetitive construction project activities.
2. 3D Volumetric Construction: As depicted by the name, this method of construction will involve the manufacturing of 3D units which are in the form of modules in off site. During the time of installation, they are bought to the site, and are assembled module by module. Every modular unit that is manufactured are 3D units, hence the construction is referred to as 3D volumetric construction or modular construction.
3. Flat Slab Construction: They are structural elements, that are highly versatile in nature. Such versatility is widely used in construction. Flat slab provides minimum depth and much more easy and faster construction. The Flat Slab Construction system also provides column grids which are flexible.
4. Precast Concrete Foundations: For rapidly constructing the foundation, the precast concrete system will be employed. This method is the best suitable for a bespoke design. Here, the elements which are required for the construction of foundation are constructed separately in the factory, and are brought to the site and assembled. The product that is manufactured must have the assured quality which is specified by the designer.
5. Twin Wall Technology: A hybrid solution of wall system which combines the qualities of precast concrete and erection speed with the structural integrity of in-situ concrete. This category of wall system guarantees waterproof reliability for the structure and structural integrity.
6. Insulating Concrete Formwork: The process of insulating concrete formwork (ICF) have twin walled panels which are either blocks or polystyrene panels are employed. They are built quickly for creating the formwork as the wall of the buildings.
7. Precast Cladding Panels: This particular system will involve the installation of one material over the other which will finally acts as a skin or a layer. This specific system of layer is not only intended for aesthetics, but it will help to control the infiltration of the weather elements.
8. Concrete floors and walls: Concrete flooring are also called cement flooring. When this category is compared to other types of floorings, concrete flooring is easy to maintain and affordable. Concrete walls, on the other hand, are mainly used for applying for seat walls, decorative exterior, interior finishes and retaining walls. They are also used for flooring.